Monday, December 29, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane!

So today is the day...I'm heading out the door at 2ish. It's been a crazy ride. I had an amazing Christmas with my family, and it was really hard saying goodbye. As of yesterday, I was all alone at home, which was hard but also a good time to begin gearing up for this next adventure, finish last minute packing, make about a million calls to various institutions to cancel cell phone plans, health insurance, paper statements, etc etc etc. Now I'm in the last few hours of preparation, and hoping like crazy that everything still sitting around my room and desk will fit into my carry-on. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers during this time! I have no idea when I'll get internet access on the other side of the ocean, but I'm planning on documenting the move with pics and hand-written blog entries, so hopefully I'll be able to upload all that in the near future. As far as I know, my apartment does not yet have internet, but I start work on Sunday January 4th (their work week is Sun-Thurs, crazy!)...so I'll have wireless on the campus. Check back here soon for updates from the desert!

No comments: